Wednesday, June 16, 2010

CommunicAsia!

Went to work at the CommunicAsia event! Day 1 was yesterday (15 June 2010) and I'll be there till Friday (18 June 2010).

What can I say... It's SOOO awesome working there! I'm working under Sumitomo Electronics and there are colleagues from JAPAN, Malaysia, Vietnam, and of course Singapore. Everyone's so so so nice, friendly, polite and awesome! Why can't Singaporeans be more like that?

Anyway, I need to whine a bit about Expo- after all, professionals from all over the world come to Expo for all sorts of events and exhibitions.

Firstly, Expo is a place with capacity for thousands and thousands of people- I bet one hall contains hundreds of staff and thousands of visitors. And there are only TWO cubicles in the washrooms located outside every hall. WTF?

Secondly, the design of the exterior of the foodcourt sucks. It is 'sheltered' from the sun but not the rain, and when it rains it causes all those tables (which number more than those inside the foodcourt) to be unavailable for use. And you can't even make it into the foodcourt from the exhibition halls without getting wet!

Thirdly (Seriously, do I even need to go on? The above two are already enough to disgrace Singapore!), the air-conditioning inside the exhibition halls are CRAZY MAD POWERFUL. It's colder than an ice-skating rink in there! I mean come on, not every exhibition or event has the PC Show kind of crowd! Can't there be any flexibility in the temperature??

With the whining aside, the tradeshow is still great fun to work at. :D
I LOVEEEEEEEE MY COLLEAGUES! :D:D

P.S. And isn't weird that I'm so used to heels that I felt better in heels today than in flats yesterday? -_-

No comments: