Thursday, March 11, 2010

Jerina's COOKING?! O_O

28 September 2009

You saw that right!

I suddenly got bitten by the baking bug because I love cakes and desserts but they are all so freaking expensive outside!

SO, I did some research online to find recipes that are easy and yet don't require having an oven.

Most recipes which are labelled 'easy' are totally not easy for beginners, or else they need shitloads of ingredients not readily available from places like NTUC (Cold Storage is much better stocked).

The first recipe I tried is from Easy Lunch Box Recipes.

Photobucket

Steamed Egg Cakes!

I made the choice to hand beat the eggs and sugar which was a mistake (unless you want to train your arms, then go right ahead) cos it takes frigging 20 minutes to get it to the right stage! And even then I wasn't sure whether it was the right stage cos I'm a noob... I just gave up cos I was damn tired lah.

But it turned out pretty okay though a bit heavy. Heh.

The Emperor does a better job, he took over once I screwed up the microwave with my next two tries (which were obviously misses since I'm not posting them up hahaha). Blah.

*****

30 September 2009

My next wild success (YES it was, SuperCherry finished it in like 30 seconds) was taken from Held by Love, Baked from Scratch.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Banana Buttermilk Pancakes!

... Okay lah, I cheated... I only mixed the batter then the Empress helped me do the frying. Cos we only have 2 frying pans, one is %^&*ing heavy and the other can't really balance... So we had to have some *ahem* teamwork lah.

Which involves me watching and the Empress frying. HAHAHA.

But it's madly deliciously yummy... I might make it again soon. :D

No comments: