Friday, July 15, 2011

Parents' Meet-up!

Okay backdated entry from 10 July. :)
(The same day I got the bloody cabby.)

I'm guessing there were 6 nervous parents as we prepared to meet at the lobby of Mandarin Oriental hotel.

BF and me cabbed over to pick up his parents before heading over to the hotel.
We were early. Damn Singapore traffic- if there had a jam we would have been just on time, but in any case it's more polite to be early than late.
My parents and godparents arrived soon after, but again we were still 30 minutes early for our reservation at the restaurant.

There was a blood-curdling-ly awkward wait around the lobby as the parents kept switching around their chat partners and taking turns to walk around to admire the hotel decoration.

Finally the time arrived for all of us to head over to the restaurant for some yummy food and less awkwardness.

At the restaurant:
The initial plan was to let everyone decide on what they wanted to eat but they ended up pushing the responsibility around until it landed on BF and I.

Fortunately for us, I had already examined the menu online beforehand (I mean I had to pick a place with good food what right!) so we managed to quickly settle the orders.

Then, another thumb-twiddling wait while waiting for the food to arrive.
The parents seemed to be getting along well.. The table was getting a little too noisy.
I looked around and, oh shit, there was this dude from another table glaring at us.
>.<

----------------

Okay to cut a long story short, the food was pretty yummy, I think I'll go back there for their dim sum buffet (KUROBUTA CHAR SIEW OMG!!!!!!).

Um, so I guess the parents all know each other now and are set for our ROM! :/

No comments: