Thursday, January 29, 2009

Happy Lunar New Year!!

Hmm. Left off blogging for ONE WEEK...
This post was started on 29th January and it is now 9th March.
So it's more like I left off blogging for more than a month.
WTF!

Friday

Screwed my Visual Basic test pretty bad due to my less than perfect logic (in the programming sense); I was screwed up over the calculations for more than an hour (the test was 1 hour 20 minutes, plus I was late).
-_-

TA was 'fantastic' as usual. Our tutor was half an hour late, talked about TOTALLY unrelated topics before launching into an explanation about parabolics which could have taken ten minutes, but he took ONE HOUR, told us to take a break while talking about unrelated topics for another half an hour BEFORE he told us there was nothing else. All in all he took up the whole two hours when he could have taken ten minutes. And it's always like that. GRR.

I had to rush off after TA to continue packing for my annual CNY pilgrimage to JB.

SuperCherry managed to dash over to meet me after knocking off. I'm so glad for that, because almost ever since I got to know him we've never been apart for more than 48 hours. The thought of spending CNY without SuperCherry for 5 days was making me mopey already.

The King picked me up after work at about 8PM ... And there was no traffic jam into JB, surprisingly. The Queen had lovingly prepared my favourite CNY food: we had salted duck & lap cheong rice for dinner! As in COOKED TOGETHER, not just rice and dishes- it makes all the difference and it's REALLY hard to cook!
YUMYUMYUM.
Lucky me for having such a talented godmother. =)

**********************

I have forgotten what happened in the month or so of MIA-ness, but I remember what happened during CNY at least, so let's see...

Before the Eve of Lunar New Year (24th Jan)

The Royal Family brought me to a porridge steamboat for dinner.
OOOOOOOOO. It isn't as icky as it seems! The food was really good...
But because I was still ill I puked it all back up at night.
Damn, what a waste of good food. =(

Eve of Lunar New Year

Everyone has reunion dinner on this day right?

But not everyone has it in a restaurant-cum-pub-cum-mosh pit.

Check it out:

Photobucket

The scantily dressed dancers flashing their upskirts to people right below them.

Photobucket

People going onstage to join the scantily dressed dancers for some booty shaking.
I'm serious! Even a seventy-year-old man was doing his best to imitate a monkey up there.

I bet all the uncles up there are going to have their ears PULLED RIGHT OFF once they get home. Old perverts. -_-

Anyway, I was seated right in front of the speaker on an upper floor, not to mention it was RAINING and I was mightily pissed off due to the wetness and the extreme noise.

The Emperor called me halfway through the din and I had to scream to made myself heard- even then not that well. My ears seriously seriously hurt from that fucking place. And I bet we're going back next year again because SOME PEOPLE like that place. DAMNIT.

My cousin was observing me throughout the whole fiasco. I was totally unable to concentrate on anything at all and wasn't eating. The food was terrible too anyway, so it wasn't a waste.

... Actually I'm going to stop blogging about this right now cuz thinking about it makes my ears hurt. FUCK.

Moving on to happier things!

Lunar New Year: Day 1

I ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS go to my god-grandparents' house on the first day of CNY.
... Not because I'm a very filial god-grand daughter (come on, I see them every so often), but because on that day about a hundred people come to the house and it's the best time to collect the CNY "tolls" for entering the house.

HAHAHAHA.
Aunty Uncle HAPPY NEW YEAR! *kaching!*
XING NIAN KUAI LE! *kaching!*
Hello Aunty! Happy CNY! *kaching!*

Totally $___________$!

Of course, a gatekeeper cannot be alone right!

Here's my yearly partner-in-crime!

Photobucket

Cute and sweet god-cousin Jia Yun!
We ALWAYS act as a team to get our red packets together...
Got tactic then can get more ma! =P

Eh, but there's a very obvious recession this year.
Instead of the usual greetings-kaching that we get every year, this year was more like a...

Partners-in-crime: "Aunty, Happy New Year!"
Aunty: *shakes hand and disappears*
Partners-in-crime: *looks at each other in confusion*

Where's our ang bao! OIE! COME BACK! Don't run away! MY ANG BAO!!!!!!!!!
Grr. What a tactic to escape giving red packets. Pure rudeness right! It's supposed to be a goodwill thing mar, recession then give less lor! Not like they usually give a lot anyway (sometimes got 2RM one), but it's a... kind of tradition ma! SO RUDE!
URGH.

We were all bothered and annoyed by 3PM so we didn't visit any other places where we probably wouldn't get our red packets anyway (HMPH). I went home sulkily with the Royal Family... And cheered up when they brought me for a Korean BBQ dinner.

Yippee! The food is always good in JB, I always gain weight when I get back.
Check out the yum-yums!

Photobucket

Ginseng chicken soup which is DELICIOUS.

Photobucket

Delicious BBQ-ed pork, lovingly BBQ-ed for us by the attentive staff.

Photobucket

Beautiful piece of stone they use for us to grill stuff on. I mean, for their staff to grill stuff for us on. =D

Oh, and the owner is such a nice guy. He totally would do ANYTHING for us! Great service! Too bad I don't know where it is, or else I would recommend people to go there to eat! The food is damn delicious. The beef is totally melt in the mouth even though it's BBQ-ed as well.

Lunar New Year: Day 2

Went out with my god-cousins to catch a movie at Tebrau City. They decided to watch Underworld 3... Which was pretty good, but shouldn't it be Underworld 1? It makes the timeline so confusing for those who didn't watch the first two movies. -_-

Oh, we had KFC before the movie. KFC in JB has an extra piece of bun! O_O

Photobucket

Jia Yun and me in the car

Photobucket

Me and Adeline.
I know I look damn fugly here, but I have to screw up my eyes in the sunlight! =(

We had to dash after the movie because the Royal Family was bringing me back home in the evening.

To be continued!

No comments: