Sunday, September 26, 2010

F1

COOOOOOOOL.

Met up with the Royal Family for dinner at the old Turf City to have Hokkaido buffet~ It was so damn awesome and cheap too, less than $40 per person! YUMYUMYUM ate till I almost exploded. :D (Ebi Tempura, Sake Sashimi, Chuka Hotate, Salmon head, Clam Miso soup, Saba Teriyaki, Beef Teppenyaki, BBQ Mushrooms, Chawanmushi, Shishamo, Salmon skin, Edamame, and ALOT more other stuff as well as lemon ice cream, vanilla ice cream, ocha and Esprit Raspberry... that was for me alone ^^) .... I feel hungry now, lol.

Headed over to Swissotel to park our car, the Royal Family had free grandstand tickets so they had to get a ticket for me... and *GASP!* EVERY SINGLE TICKET was sold out!! Small wonder though because there were only 2 hours left by the time we arrived. Fortunately there was a white guy selling off his ticket near the counter (he offered us $50), but after some persuasion we managed to get it at $40. :)

The sound of the cars were awesomeeeeee! Except I didn't know there was a survival kit so the noise nearly killed me. It's like one car > club music. When there were two at the same time I nearly went deaf. It was pretty crammed and hot too, I was sweating like crap while we were there.

I was soo jealous of the people watching from the balconies in Swissotel! They could see the whole circuit whereas mere common people like us got to see, like, 20m of road? I was located in between two bends too, so there wasn't much to see.

Anyway we got bored after about an hour and decided the grandstand was too far away to walk to, so we headed back! It sounds uneventful but we had a great time catching up and bonding. I shall go stay over really really soon!

Will upload pics and videos soon. (Pic of me only though, because honestly a digital camera will never be able to capture an F1 car. Not even the hugeass DSLRs managed it!)

No comments: