Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Meant to be

My BF has been away on detachment and will be until the end of October.

I was miserable about it since we first got to know, and whenever I told my good friends or family how I felt about it, the thing in common they all told me was, "Take this as a test, and hope that you can pull through it together."

I guess I must have really changed because I don't really feel that it's a test at all. I mean sure, I miss him like crazy (I mean, look at the post that I update EVERDAY and my MSN personal message), but I don't really have the tendency to DO STUPID SHIT anymore, just to stop the emptiness when he's not around.
(I'm sure all my good friends know what I mean.. I'm not proud of what I used to be.)

Before he left I already knew he was awesome and definitely the guy I'd want to be with for the rest of my life. We're engaged after all. :)

But what this detachment has done is to make me realise that he is not just awesome, I don't know what's the word for this- better than awesome? Perfect? I can't find a term to describe it. I'd have to say, something like the most sparkling gem ever. If he were a diamond he'd be D coloured, FL clarity and perfectly cut, with every facet reflecting every single ray of light back at you.

OKAY, before anyone starts puking I'm gonna leave it at that. What I'm trying to say here is, without situations like what we've been through the last two weeks, I would never have known or expected that our relationship can be taken to greater heights and our love would grow even more, even when we're not together physically.

What I'm feeling now is more than I can express in words. All I know is I've fallen head over heels in love, over and over again everyday, and loving you more every day.

No comments: