Sunday, October 10, 2010

KBOX and pork chops

Even though I slept really late last night at 4am (no I wasn't studying.. insomniac me was trying so badly to sleep) I got up in time to meet Amber for some window shattering karaoke!

Sidetrack:
Amber got lost on the way to meet me outside NYNY in Lot One (don't ask me how LOL) and wasn't checking her phone (GRR HOW MUCH I HATE THAT) so I was stuck there waiting for her for about 10 minutes..

All wrapped up like a dumpling in one of those loosely fit knitted tops and a spag top inside and MAKEUPLESS.. I was standing right next to a pillar without even enough space for a human being to squeeze past.

And while I was typing out a message to my BF, there was this UNCLE who was walking past then suddenly decided to squeeze past me and the pillar so I hastily shifted back, and then he said (in Mandarin): "Stop calling and pressing your phone, just come with me."

And then he walked right past but kept turning back to look at me. Zz.

I was almost going to say, "Ah peh I think my punch will kill you, you know?" -_- What a disgusting turd to have started my day with. Got me all frustrated during the first few minutes spent with Amber. RAWR!!

Back to our day:
Had a swell time in KBOX CCK. It's beautiful inside and the service was superb. There was great improvement in the food as well as the fake music video qualities.
(The video they made for Telephone made me laugh like crazy. SERIOUSLY.)
Also, no more remote controls, all changed to touch screen already! We were both klutzes so we had to ask for some teaching assistance about the new system. (It's pretty different from the old one.)

I might not be the lark I once was but at least I managed to survive the day with the help of some hot honey lemon! ^_^

Headed to Lot One for some shopping, bought 3 tank tops and an entire bedsheet set at a sale (yeah, so aunty style I know, but it was cheap and felt amazing for the threadcount!) then lugged it all around the mall 'cos Amber was hunting for shoes and presents.

Eventually she gave up (okay lah was quite fast 'cos she knew my damn stuff was heavy) and then we headed to Ya Kun 'cos I was peckish.. Had an awesome chat there.

She also accompanied me to NTUC 'cos I wanted to cook dinner for my mum~ :D
Went to buy pork chops, I had no idea how to pick them, so luckily Amber was around to help. I was also looking for Soju but as usual, NTUC didn't have it.. Had to get Sake as replacement. (I forgot to buy lemons damnit.)

Realised we overestimated the time required for NTUC-ing (I am NOT an aunty -_-) and still had time to chillax so I brought her to my house and showed her some of the poledance videos I have. WEEEEEE.

I had taken off my outer layer the moment I got home 'cos it was so freaking hot.. So when I was going to send Amber to the MRT she said, "It's okay, send me to the bus stop will do so that those se peh pehs (dirty old perverts) won't keep looking at you." WAAAAAH. I have such a considerate friend. *TOUCHED*

And just in case whoever is reading thinks I'm full of myself for the above paragraph, it was my friend BFF who said it not me. And dirty old perverts have no taste and look at anyone that remotely looks female anyway. -_-

-------------------------------------
It's cooky time!

It's not the first time I cooked this week!

On Tuesday I cooked beef for the first time..
Found this so called way to make even shitty beef taste good online.
Bought a shitty piece of $2 chuck from NTUC, prepared it and PAN SEARED!
The recipe I saw overstated the timing (sigh) and I already cut down on it but still one side was well done and the other was medium.
My mum can't eat beef but she said it smelt good..
(She got so hungry that she had to go get cake to eat while watching me go OOH THIS IS SO DAMN GOOD while chomping on my beef =X)
My own verdict is THUMBS UP YUMMY! Except I got careless and didn't wash away the salt thoroughly so eating the sides was like eating fried salt FML LOL.
Oh, I made a side dish of mashed potato with butter and salt. YUMS.

My pro chef big brudda gave me some tips for the cooking, so next time I'll definitely try again!

Today! I cooked pork chops (for the first time too)!
No magical way this time, just a Soju sauce recipe which I had to improvise and replace the Soju with Sake as above mentioned. And I didn't use lemon juice because I forgot to buy lemons. -_- Poor Mum!
Bought two shitty pieces of $4 pork chop from NTUC, prepared it and PAN FRIED!
Again, the recipe overstated the timing and I ended up with really dry meat.
I also fucked up the sauce 'cos Western recipes use different measurements and I had no idea how much was 'half a cup' of Soju, so I just used a bowl and agak-ed the Sake..
After the stated 2 minutes of medium heat on the recipe, there were only Sake-flavoured onions left on the pan. -______-
Where did my Sake sauce all go?!?! I think I breathed it all in, no wonder I feel drunk now. HAHAHA.

My dad's verdict: OVERCOOKED! Don't follow Western recipes! They dunno how to cook one! Always overcooked! Cut down the time by 1 min during the high heat!

My mum's verdict: MMM. Ok lah not too bad for first time. *nom nom nom*
.
.
.
*adds a bit of black sauce*

My verdict: BLEURGH I need a drink to swallow this dry crap. :( *sniffle*

I think everyone reading this post should head out to buy any type of lottery because not only did I:
1. Cook; but I also;
2. Washed up everything in and on the sink. *gasp*
GO BUY TOTO, 4D, Big Sweep and anything else you can think of.
CONFIRM DIO. :D
(I'm allergic to detergent so I usually don't do any dishes.
Like maybe once in 6 years?)

Sidenote:
I ALWAYS get super worried when I'm pan frying stuff because of the oil... I'm so afraid of splattering oil cos I'm super sensitive to hot stuff (haha sounds wrong eh) and it's really painful when it splatters on my arm or even face. OMG! Not to mention blisters if it's a big splash.

So I always spam lots of paper towels (I need to learn how to cut down on that.. I think I'll use up an entire tree just to cook dinner for my whole family in future) to pat the meat really really really dry before cooking. It works! Not much of a splatter. :)

Oh, and a new discovery today. Cutting onions doesn't make me tear up at all. I wonder why?

No comments: