Thursday, September 11, 2008

The People Around Me Part III: The English Royal Family

This entry is about my second family. My second set of parents- my godparents. Being in this family is totally different from my Chinese Imperial Family.

Why do I give them the term English Royal Family? Because they are less rigid and much more liberal. There are only two members in the Family apart from me.

The King is of course my godfather. He works hard, is smart and is thrifty to the point of stinginess. But like any other good King (or father/godfather), he is only thrifty with himself. He would refuse to buy more clothes, buy the most 'worth-it' goods, BUT spoil the rest of the family.

Photobucket Image Hosting

The King at a Rawa Island trip in 2006

Photobucket Image Hosting

Close-up of the King

The Queen is my godmother. Like the Empress, she does not need to do any work save for keeping the house and the King happy. She loves her garden and does all the work herself until lately when age and her back problem prevented her from doing too much. She's great at cooking and is very artistic with great taste.

Photobucket Image Hosting

I know I look awful here too but this is the only postable photo I have of the Queen. She looks much better IRL. Stupid bad camera days. =(

Lastly comes me. I suppose there is no other comparison but the Crown Princess for me in this family because I practically get royal treatment.

Because they stay in Malaysia they rarely get to see me so when they do, dinner for the first night will be either a home-cooked western meal by the Queen or my favourite Japanese food or steamboat at some restaurant. I get all my favourite food all the time- every time I go in for a visit I gain at least 3-6kg in 1 day to 1month.

Apart from food, they also bring me shopping. And I just have to point, try, nod, and I get it. I remember spending 600RM within 4 hours (including eating time) with my godfather at City Square a few weeks after CNY. (I know I sound like a damn spoilt brat now... I can only say I'm a damn lucky girl) Also, whenever I'm with them I don't have to spend ANY money.

Photobucket Image Hosting

Here's my shrine in their hall. There are a few more in the house.

The English Royal Family have two dogs. Here they are.

Photobucket Image Hosting

Lucky the Japanese Spitz who is about fifteen years old or something this year.

Photobucket Image Hosting

Bigfoot the Holy Dog. He's about four this year I think.

The English Royal Family have a beautiful Palace.

Photobucket Image Hosting

Photobucket Image Hosting

Photobucket Image Hosting

Photobucket Image Hosting

Photobucket Image Hosting

The above mentioned garden.

Photobucket Image Hosting

The fence outside our fence. (Royal family ma! =x)

Photobucket Image Hosting

A fruitbird on a tree between the fences.

Photobucket Image Hosting

Sitting area in the garden with Lucky beside it.

Photobucket Image Hosting

The outdoor kitchen.

Photobucket Image Hosting

Photobucket Image Hosting

Photobucket Image Hosting

Photobucket Image Hosting

The kitchen.

Photobucket Image Hosting

Dining room.

Photobucket Image Hosting

Photobucket Image Hosting

Living room.

This entry is going to come to an abrupt end because I have a sleeping curfew at 2am. Sorry about the long entry. Good night!

No comments: