Thursday, September 18, 2008

The Theory of Proportion

I'm writing about this today because Cherry Prince FINALLY got the idea behind short skirts/shorts and heels.

Why do girls like to wear them short? Because of proportion!

Take me as an example. Standing at about 5'1, at a weight of 38.5kg (currently), with previous sports and martial arts background. It's only natural to have legs a little thicker due to the muscle build up from all that intense training.

And because I'm short, I have proportionately shorter legs as compared to taller girls and thus they look stockier- in other words, short and fat, which equals not nice.

I'll do the math for you. My legs, which are 35" up to the hip, over 61" total body height, equals 57% of the body as the lower body. That looks perfectly fine on its own.

But what if I put on a long dress which covers to below the knee? I'd look awfully short and skinny because I have skinny calves.

Or what if I wear a long skirt that reaches to almost the knee? Add a long top to that and I will appear to have a long body and short legs. Please say EWW with me. Thank you.

Now let's turn the situation around. Wear a uber short skirt/shorts, like one inch below your ass or something (like I usually do), plus a normal-length or slightly longer top. Go WOOT because then you look like you have damn long legs plus a long body as well. YOU LOOK TALL EVEN IF YOU'RE NOT. (Only applies when you stand alone or with people of the same height.)

Let's add heels into the deal! You currently still look like a 57% leggy babe, but we can make it even better! Put on some sexy 4" heels and you magically have 39" legs which make for a proportion of 60%! It may not seem much here in figures but trust me, it makes a damn big difference when you're out and about.

Heels also tighten up your leg muscles, make them look even longer (and slimmer), give you a better looking posture, enhances your butt and I could go on forever about it.

So guys, don't complain that our skirts are short. It's just that we have long legs. =)

No comments: