Tuesday, September 9, 2008

SHOPPING!!!!!!

Today is my date with darling shi mei JINGHAN!

First stop was TCC at Centrepoint cos we were very hungry but it was closed for renovation or something so we went to the other TCC right outside Centrepoint. It was a wee bit smelly inside but we just ignored it and decided to stay and eat there... But I sort of lost my appetite and I think so did Hanhan cos we both decided to skip the meals and snacks and just head to the dessert. And my usual iced kahlua mocha of course! (which sucked today btw. I stirred it a lot like usual but it was awfully sweet for a bit then awfully bitter for the rest... I don't know if its the dessert or what but it has never happened when I have my drink at other outlets along with dessert.)

And TCC changed its menu totally and it really really sucks now. What happened to your fennel with smoked salmon soup WHICH IS TOTALLY DELICIOUS and why you replaced it with some dumbshit ginseng shitake soup?!! Where is your smoked salmon linguine and why u replaced it with some prawn and seafood shit?!! Where is the warm vanilla bread pudding and all the other nice nice niceeeeee desserts and why the fuck is the soft sweet tasty tiramisu replaced with the hard and tasteless devil-misu?!! Fuck I've almost got their menu memorised -.-

Lunch photos!

Photobucket

Trying to decide what to order... We took a long time to explore the new menu cos we're still not used to it =(

Photobucket

Ugly me but I have to introduce my favourite drink from TCC- Iced Kahlua Mocha (with less ice and more whipped cream.) YUMMY!!!!


Arrival of desserts- the best (or what we guessed was the best) of whatever crap was in the menu.

Photobucket

Peachtachio (used to be Peach Parfait somethingy) which tastes more like.. Pink dolphin? And there's some hard ice cream in the middle of it which is pretty tasteless like some ice cream that hardened in the freezer along with condensed water -_- and the "plush peach jelly" at the bottom which isn't really "plush" tastes too darn sweet. I choked and had to drink some iced water. BTW if you eat this at TCC and find a golden truffle instead of some tasteless unidentified flavoured ice cream, your entire bill for the meal will be waived. So good luck, TCC-ers. I don't know when the promotion will be over though.

Photobucket

Cocoa Mosiac. It used to be a Valentines' Day item so its quite fitting that we two lovebirds share this dessert right! It's supposed to be milk chocolate mousse with more chocolate or something but I tasted cheese on the top layer.. It didn't taste that great at first but after I had some Peachtachio this was pretty good.


Noticed the fruits in the desserts? Raspberries, blueberries and strawberries. We initially took our time to eat the fruits until there were four raspberries left (cos the first two we ate were so damn bloody sour we left them till last) then Jinghan challenged me to eat both together... So we did! Our expressions were classic man! I was having like some sour attack on my jaw and Jinghan was trying to keep her mouth closed while muttering something like "I'm not gonna have cancer after eating all these.......!" Some form of self-motivation I guess.

SHOPPING TIME!! If shopping bores you please skip to "Cab photos!".

We headed to Heeren first but it's pretty boring now. I found a watch that really suits me, it's like bright pink and has lots of Swarovski crystals loose in its face but it a freaking $129 and it's brandless so I decided not to get it (like what if it breaks down?! I'm gonna burn down the shop or something). Saw some other bling blings but i'm was on a budget plus a hunt for other things and they wouldn't make me lose sleep if I didn't get them and so I didn't.

Next stop was Takashimaya (I think... I have a really terrible memory) where I got cookies from Cookie Man for the Cherry Prince and his family. Brandy snaps and raspberry (again... urgh I think my jaw is going to lock up once more) with white chocolate! Zara was boring, Guess was boring (no it wasn't but I can't get every Guess wallet I like), the Mango staff pointed me to the wrong shelf...

So we moved on to Wisma. I tried these gorgeous Guess shoes with BUTTERFLIES (NICE LA!!) but I decided that my current heels are way more comfortable.

I think I picked up a Mango top somewhere around here, then it was Pacific Plaza where I got a RipCurl cap for my Cherry Prince since he wants a new cap. After which, we headed to...

Far East! I was very sian until then because I didn't really find many things to buy. I always spend a lot at Far East then feel the power of retail therapy! I got the handphone strap I wanted for ages, a new handphone pouch, and something that I cannot mention just yet! Without the satisfaction of truly shopping, we had to leave for dinner because the pet tiger I keep in my tummy was roaring loudly for food.

We had dinner at Sun and Moon at The Central (I don't know why for half a minute I actually referred to it as Capital Mall... Too much real estate marketing?) We cabbed over from Far East cos I was starting to feel unwell but the idiot cabby dropped us at the taxi stand near MOS which is like SO FUCKING FAR I MIGHT AS WELL HAVE WALKED TO THE MRT STATION FROM FAR EAST COS IT IS NEARER. Nabeh. Waste my 9 bucks. Stupid ERP some more.

Cab photos!

Photobucket

We are like some holy angels here la! Finally have Jinghan in a photo with me -_-
(Wait I'm sticking my tongue out. Holy angels don't stick out their tongues I think.)

There is only one cab photo that is postable because the cab was terrifically bumpy and all the rest were blurry. =(

Dinner photos!

Photobucket

Everything looks sooo good and we took our own sweet time to decide.

Photobucket

Salmon Teriyaki Roll. Fried salmon belly, lettuce, cucumber, teriyaki sauce and salmon roe. A damn delicious combination. We made a good choice!

Photobucket

You can practically see the future salmons-to-be in the roe! I felt a little guilty but it tasted toooo good for the guilt to last. It just so damn yummy even on its own!

Photobucket

Beef miso stew! It smells damn yummy and the beef is so so so so so SO TENDER. Everything must be eaten with the sauce then it's really really yummy! The vermicelli thing was initially tied up in a knot but we were sharing so we very cleverly collaborated using chopsticks to untie it! YAY WE ARE SMARTTTTTTTT. Okay whatever I shaddap lol.

Photobucket

Finished! And my pet tiger is satisfied after the meal. Funny that hungry monsters like Jinghan and me actually eat so little together because we're on a budget. FYI we shared everything we ordered. So lovey dovey right! I knowwwwww.

BTW Jinghan's thighs are the same size as my calves... Going out with her makes me feel FAT. Zzz. And she didn't buy anything today cos she's trying to save $.

Oh another thing. Why like 90% of the photos only have me right? Because! Jinghan likes to sneak shots of me and I'm super not used to her camera speed cos my phone camera is like a snail compared to it so I always kena her sneaky sneaky shots! Hmph!

Total spendage today: $235 or more... T_T kachings fly away... I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT I SPENT ON! -_-

No comments: